Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with keeping and/or sharing specific content on a server run by a web hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's study these. Doing so, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to create a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services often involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a particular spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly wrong interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with buddies or associates since the service is generally free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mail accounts. Some companies offer hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to administer as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a website. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content exclusively.